Lawrence & Associates is staffed with California professional engineers and geologists, and Oregon professional geologists, and can assist our clients with the following:
Surface Water, Flood, and Hydraulic Analysis and Design
- HEC 1 Modeling
- HEC-RAS Modeling
- Hyd 8 & TR-1
- Flood plain analyses
- Onsite storm-water detention or retention design
- Storm-water collection, detention, retention, and treatment facilities
- Best Practicable Treatment and Control (BPTC) plans
- Individual National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permitting
- Reports of Waste Discharge (ROWD)
- Streambed Alteration and Dredge/Fill Permitting
- California General Industrial Storm-Water Permit SWPPPs
- California General Construction Storm-Water Permit SWPPPs
California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) support:
- Geologic impacts and risk analyses
- Hydrologic analysis
- Impact analyses from groundwater extraction, including well interference
- Analyses of runoff and flood-plain impacts
- Slope stability evaluations
- Impacts of wastewater disposal
Decentralized Wastewater Design:
- Individual and community septic system design.
- Individual or community treatment system design including Septic Tank Effluent Pumping (STEP) and Septic Tank Effluent Gravity (STEG) systems.
- Related CEQA, and permitting.
- Treated wastewater storage pond design.
Fuel and Hazardous Materials Containment & Handling:
- Spill Prevention Control & Counter Measure Plans (SPCC)
- Compressed natural gas facilities (CNG)
- Aboveground Fuel storage & distribution
- Aeronautical Fuel storage & distribution
- Service station piping & tank design
- Spill containment design
- General Industrial Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs)
- Certification of hazardous waste treatment, storage, or disposal (TSD) facilities
Soil & Groundwater Investigation & Remediation
- Tank-removal oversight and sampling.
- Soil and groundwater investigations including our own environmental drilling services to install groundwater and soil-gas monitoring wells, ozone injection and sparging points point.
- Design, installation and operation of in-situ treatment technologies, including groundwater extraction, soil-vapor extraction systems, ozone, and air-sparging systems.
- Excavation and bioremediation of contaminated soils.
- California Tank Fund Application and coordination.
- Monitoring and closure.
- Hazardous waste site investigation and remediation.
Timber & Mining
- Earthquake hazard analysis
- Erosion control evaluation and design
- Geologic Investigations for Timber Harvest per California Divisions of Mines and Geology Note 45
- Hydraulic design for timber roads and stream crossings.
- Landfill design and inspection
- Mineral assessment reports
- Mine reclamation planning (SMARA)
- Slope stability
- Stream morphology and bank evaluations
- Sediment retention design